Wednesday 24 December 2014

Review: Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie

AMOUR AMOUR 

by

 KRISTA & BECCA RITCHIE

Synopsis:

Love is a circus

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”

When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world. 

Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.

My Rating:

4 AMOUR STARS

My Review:
"Love is a circus"
Ok now i have to confess that i have a huge crush on Ritchie Sister's writing. It was the first book i read by them and i loved it. There are some authors, when you read their first book you crave to read their other books. They are one of those authors. This story was unique (at least for me) because it was the first book i read on Circus theme so it intrigued me more. Thora James leaves her college, her family, her best friend and goes to Vegas to follow her dreams, hoping to get a role in Amour, a famous Russian Acrobatic Show. On her first night in Vegas, she encounters the lead star of Amour, God-of-Russia, Nikolai Kotova. There starts their story of love & passion for acrobatic art and each other :)
“Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me. I’m asking you, right now, to trust me.”
description
 I loved the character of Nik Kotova, he is so caring, mature, responsible, passionate and just the perfect guy.
“I’m in love with you,” I whisper. He tries to smile but his eyes flood instead. “Don’t love me more than your dreams, myshka. Because I love you too much to let you give them up for me.”
One of the best parts of the book were the characters of John and Kotova Siblings, their affection, their care and the way they tease each other. I loved Thora's audition part as well. I was unable to
control my smile :) :)

     description

 This book was very enthusiastic and strong. Very remarkable, romance & sex never being the main focus. The way Thora struggles to follow her dreams, suffering all good and bad, never feeling weak or let down, never backing off, is commendable. It gives the strong message of self-motivation and consistency in achieving your dreams. I loved it

No comments:

Post a Comment